1. Read the directions carefully before starting
2. Wash your hands super clean
3. Wash the trays and spoon carefully!
4. Prepare the following:
-A cup of water -A plate to put the candies on, -Scissors
Here’s what’s included in this set: A large tray, a small tray, a spoon, a ziplock bag, a white packet, a pink packet, a green packet, a red bean paste (anko) packet, and a gelatin base packet
1. Start by making the red bean paste (anko) flavored base.
1. [HEART] In the heart-shaped section of the large tray, add water up to here.
2. Pour red bean paste (anko) packet into the water
3. Stir Well! (Clean the spoon well when you’re done)
2. Let’s Make the Jelly
1. Pour the gelatin base packet in the ziplock bag
2. [CLUB] Fill the long trough in the small tray with water up to the very top and pour into the ziplock bag. Do this TWICE.
--------------Please try to do the next steps quickly!--------------
3. Zip bag and shake about 30 times
4. Cut the bottom corner of the bag with scissors
5. Fill the goldfish shape in the large tray to the half-way point
6. Put the red bean paste (anko) you made in the fish
7. Fill the fish shape up to the top
8. [DIAMOND] Fill the 4 rectangular troughs
3. Let’s make the pink shapes
1. [MUSICNOTE] Fill the music note section of the large tray up to the guideline
2. Pour in the pink powder packet and stir.
3. Press into the strawberry molds, and put the leftovers on a plate
(wash the spoon!)
4. Let’s make the green shapes
5. Let’s make the white shape
1. [CLUB] Fill the club section of the large tray with the green base.
2. Now add the white base (the large white ball made in step 5) to the top.
3. Make 6 small balls from the red bean paste (anko) made in step 1
4. Place them on the green and white base and roll!
1. Take the other large white ball you made in step 5
2. Press down in the middle
3. Add a ball of the red bean paste (anko), create strawberries by pressing both halves of the berries together to form a whole.
Shiratama Anmitsu (mini)
1. [DIAMOND] Take all four clear cubes out of the diamond-shaped mold.
2. Add some of the red bean paste (anko), add three small white balls, and two strawberries
1. Flatten out the remaining white ball and place red bean paste (anko) in the middle
2. Fold it over
3. Wrap it in the green leaf
1. Tilt the tray gently
2. Use the narrow side of the spoon to carefully pry out the goldfish-shaped manju
Eat quickly after you’re done!!