Terms of Service
LAST UPDATED: May 03, 2023
Acceptance of Terms
This Terms of Service applies to all Website visitors and users of the Website or Services and by visiting or using the Website, you agree to be bound by this Terms of Service. If you don't agree with any term or condition in this Terms of Service, please don't use the Website or any Service.
The Services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Individuals under the age of 18 can use this service only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. In this case, the adult is the user and is responsible for any and all activities, subscribers and purchasers.
Eligibility for Use
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Services is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services or the Products conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
You have a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Content of this Website subject to these Terms of Service. The term "Content" means all information, text, images, data, links, software, or other material accessible through the Website or Services, whether created by us or provided by another person for display on the Website or through the Services. The Content may contain typographical errors, other inadvertent errors or inaccuracies. We reserve the right to make changes to document names and content, descriptions or specifications of products or services, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes. You may view, copy, download, and print Content that is available on this Website or through the Services, so long as the Content is used solely for internal informational purposes only. No part of this Website or its Content may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording for any other purpose. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use this Website or any Content displayed on this Website, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms of Service; or (b) with our prior written permission or the permission of such third party that may own the trademark or copyright of material displayed on this Website.
Registration and Membership; Product Sales
Subscription Delivery; Delivery Policy
As a subscribed Japan Crate member, each month you will receive a package with various Japanese products (the "Products"). Each month of your subscription, the selection of Products may change. Accordingly, Japan Crate cannot guarantee that a selection of any such Products available in a particular timeframe will be available in any subsequent timeframe. The subscription terms are as described in these Terms of Service and the subscription and checkout pages of the Website. See our subscription page for a description of the current subscriptions and prices. Note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a paid subscription are deemed part of this Agreement.
Automatic Renewal; Subscription Cancellation Policy
As a subscribed Japan Crate member, you acknowledge and consent to being charged a recurring payment and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to the cancellation of your membership. Your subscription will be automatically renewed for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription period originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. You may cancel your ongoing membership by emailing your request to cancel, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The day of the month that you start your ongoing membership is your anniversary date. Each subscription automatically renews on the anniversary date of the month following or subscription period. You must cancel through your subscription account or notify us by emailing your request to cancel, to email@example.com, prior to the anniversary date of the month following, or subscription period, to cancel the subscription renewal. IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL PRIOR TO THE ANNIVERSARY DATE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR RENEWING THE SUBSCRIPTION. All cancellation requests received after the anniversary date will apply to the following subscription period. No prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period will be given. We may terminate your membership, without notice, for any reason, whatsoever.
Billing and Payments
Shipping and Risk of Loss
The Products purchased from this Website will be shipped by a third party carrier. As a result, title and risk of loss or damage for such Products will pass to you upon delivery of the Products to the carrier by Japan Crate or its Affiliates. Unless otherwise indicated at the time of your purchase, shipping and handling fees are included with your purchase. Shipping dates and/or arrival times given are only estimates. For loss/damage claims, you must notify Japan Crate within 30 days of the date of delivery if you believe all or part of your order is missing or damaged. Replacement of Products and credits to your account for shipped Products claimed as not received are subject to our investigation, which may include postal-service notification. Damaged items must be reported and include a photo in the ticket submission. We may adjust your account or provide replacement for list/damage claims at our discretion. Repeated claims of undelivered Products may result in the cancellation of your membership.
Returns and Exchanges
If the Products are defective, you may return the defective Products and we may send you a new item or credit your account. Upon approval of a return and when returning Products, it is your responsibility to take reasonable care to see that the Products are not damaged in transit and are received by us at our address as displayed on the Website. All refunds are subject to our shipping, return and exchange policies stated on our FAQ page, if any. Please note credits resulting from the monthly charge are only available up to 30 days past the date of the charge. Refunds are at the sole discretion of Japan Crate.
Your total price may include the price of the Products plus any applicable sales tax; such state and local sales tax is based on the shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time you purchase the Products.
SMS/MMS Mobile Message Marketing Program Terms and Conditions
1. User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
2. User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that Japan Crate and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
3. Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of goods and products purchased from the Japan Crate website. Messages may include checkout reminders.
4. Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
5. Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
6. MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
7. Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
8. Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
9. Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
10. Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes:
- Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and
- Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
11. Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Culver City, California before one arbitrator.
The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which Japan Crate LLC’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
12. Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
13. Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.
You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of the Website. THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR A “LINKED” SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, JAPAN CRATE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (4) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE WEBSITE FROM US OR OUR AFFILIATES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Japan Crate makes no warranties of any kind regarding any sites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from this Website. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and Japan Crate makes no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability or safety of information provided in such sites. Japan Crate does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered or provided by or on behalf of third parties on the Website.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL JAPAN CRATE OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, OR COSTS OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRODUCTS OR THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE PERSON OR ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. YOU AGREE JAPAN CRATE’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, THE PRODUCTS OR THE SERVICES WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO JAPAN CRATE IN THE THEN-PRIOR CALENDAR MONTH.
Professional Advice Disclaimer:
Any information we provide to you, including product descriptions and instructions, is for informational purposes only. Use of the Website is not meant to serve as a substitute for professional advice. You should read and strictly follow all product labels, packaging inserts and instructions, and manufacturer directions and warnings before using any product. When appropriate, you should seek independent professional advice.
By using this Website, the Services, or the Products, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Japan Crate and its Affiliates from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to, attorneys' fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that arises in connection with (i) use of this Website, the Services, or the Products by you or any other person accessing the Website using your member login account, (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Services; or (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise noted, all Content contained on this Website is the property of Japan Crate and/or its affiliates or licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. We do not claim ownership of Content submitted by users without compensation by Japan Crate and with the expectation that such Content will be made publicly accessible through our Website. By submitting such Content, however, you agree to grant us a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, and publicly perform or display such Content. This license shall remain in effect until we delete the Content from our systems. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you or any user of this Website believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on this Website, you or the user should send notification to our Designated Agent immediately. To be effective, the notification must include: 1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; 2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; 3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; 4. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the materials; 5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and 6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringing. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C.A. Sec. 512(c), our Designated Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as indicated below. Service of repeat infringers of copyright or of users about whom repeat claims of copyright infringement are received will be terminated. Designated Agent for Claimed Infringement: Japan Crate, LLC Address Phone email@example.com Your acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our Website without liability to you or any other party and that the claims of the complaining party and the party that originally posted the materials will be referred to the United States Copyright Office for adjudication as provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
When you register for a subscription or to use the Services on this Website, you may be required to establish a login identifier and a password. You are responsible for protecting your login and password from unauthorized use, and you are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account (including without limitation financial obligations). You agree to notify us immediately if you believe that your login or password has been or may be used without your permission so that appropriate action can be taken. We are not responsible for losses or damage caused by your failure to safeguard your login and password.
No Implied Endorsements
In no event shall any reference to any third party or third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by Japan Crate of that third party or of any product or service provided by that third party. Likewise, a link to any third party website does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such website. Japan Crate does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any product or service offered by any third party through an online discussion forum or chat room accessible through this Website and will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction involving any third party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you are responsible for exercising appropriate judgment and caution.
Conduct on Website
Your use of this Website is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and you are solely responsible for the contents of your communications through this Website. You shall not, and shall not permit any third party to, take any action or upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on this Website, that: 1. Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies; 2. Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; 3. Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party; 4. Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling; 5. Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or 6. Impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
We make no representation that information on this Website, the Products or Services we provide are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this Website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
We may terminate any user's subscription or access to our Website or Services, in our sole discretion, for any reason and at any time, with or without prior notice. It is our policy to terminate users who violate these Terms of Service, as deemed appropriate in our sole discretion. You agree that we are not liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to our Website or Services.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to, or use of, the Website, to the Products you purchase through the Website (including a subscription), or to your relationship to Japan Crate shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in San Francisco, California; provided, however, that to the extent that you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of California. You hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of California. Arbitration under these Terms of Service will be conducted pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules then prevailing at the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award will be final and binding and may be entered into as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms of Service will be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Terms of Service, whether through class action proceedings or otherwise. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of this Website or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. YOU AND JAPAN CRATE AGREE THAT EACH MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Japan Crate agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim.
If any part of these Terms of Service is held to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Entire Terms of Service
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties relating to the subject matter herein. We may, at our sole discretion and without notice, revise these terms at any time by updating this posting.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notice required or permitted by this Terms of Service must be in writing. Any notice to Japan Crate must be given by postal mail to 600 Corporate Pointe, Suite 150 Culver City CA 90230. Any notice to you may be given: (1) to the email address you provide to Japan Crate during registration or when your email address changes, in which case notice will be deemed sufficient 24 hours after the email is sent unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid; or (2) by certified mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, to the last mailing address you provided to Japan Crate, in which case notice will be deemed sufficient three days after the mailing date.
We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms of Service. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives
Modifications to Terms of Service
We may change the Terms of Service at any time for any reason by updating this posting. You are responsible for periodically reviewing these Terms of Service for revisions. Changes in the Terms of Service will be effective when posted. If Japan Crate makes a material change, Japan Crate will notify you here in this Terms of Service or by any other means we deem appropriate. Japan Crate may determine, in its sole discretion, in good faith, what constitutes a "material change" using common sense and reasonable judgment. Your use of the Website and/or the Services after we have modified this posting will constitute your acceptance of any changes.
You may contact us at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date of Terms of Service: January 5th, 2017