How to Make Japanese Pan Noodles
There is nothing good than pan-fried noodles which are incredibly quick and convenient. They are tossed with crisp, colorful veggies and coated in a flavorful sauce. It only takes one pan to prepare this dish. Read on to learn more about the best Japanese pan noodles.
What are Japanese Pan Noodles?
Pan-fried noodles are a common food in most Asian cultures. The closest recipe to a Chinese chow mein is this one in particular. The term "chow mein" refers to vegetables and more crunchily textured pan-fried noodles. Fresh noodles are the greatest choice for pan-frying, regardless of the type you select. They are pre-cooked and frequently located in the Asian or vegetable aisle in the refrigerator area of your local grocery store. They are a pleasure to work with and help to speed up and simplify the pan-frying process. Here is the simplest Japanese pan noodles recipe you can do at home.
How to Make Japanese Pan Noodles
The entire dish can be prepared obviously in a pan. You can prepare the vegetables and noodles separately, then combine them once the sauce has been added back into the pan. This procedure guarantees that the dish's ingredients cook uniformly for the ideal bite. These fried noodles are also the traditional choice for Japanese takeaway because they go well with all kinds of dishes and offer a tasty substitute for a plain bowl of steamed rice.
The best part is that these noodles require just a single pan and a few basic, readily available ingredients from your kitchen, making them one of my go-to dishes for celebrations of all kinds. The vegetables, noodles, and sauce need only be stir-fried in a wok until everything is thoroughly blended. All that is required is to assemble the sauce while swiftly blanching the noodles.
Japanese Pan Noodles Recipe
• Japanese udon noodles
• Olive oil
• Garlic cloves
• Fresh ginger
• Sesame seeds
• Teriyaki sauce
• Rice wine vinegar
• Asian sprouts
• Chopped cilantro
• Green onions
• Bok choy
• Shiitake mushrooms
1. First, sweet soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, water, and ginger should all be combined in a bowl, then whisked thoroughly. Take out one tablespoon of sauce to fry the tofu later.
2. Heat the oil over high heat for 1-2 minutes in a wok or large pan. After 3 minutes, add the mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots. After that, add 1/3 of the sauce and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add the Japanese udon noodles and a third of the sauce made. After 5 minutes of turning and tossing to ensure the noodles are completely covered in sauce, add the final third of the sauce and turn the heat off. Add a few tablespoons of water to make the meal saucier if the noodles and vegetable mix stick to the pan's side.
4. Alternatively, you could place the pre-cooked noodles in a zip-top plastic bag or airtight container and store them in the fridge for the night; the next day, thaw them out before panfrying.
5. Make the tofu while the noodles are cooking. With a paper towel, pat dries the tofu cubes. Tofu cubes should be mixed with cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
6. Heat the oil thoroughly before adding tofu cubes and 1 tablespoon of sauce. Cubes should be cooked on each side for 1-2 minutes to develop a lovely brown crust. When all surfaces have browned, turn the heat off. Mix the noodles with the tofu in the wok by tossing everything together.
7. Divide the wok's contents into four Japanese noodle bowls, then top with bean sprouts, green onions, and black sesame seeds, and enjoy!
This Japanese pan noodles recipe is ideal when you're in a hurry or for a tasty dinner. Even better, you can prepare them in bulk to have portions for the following day. For a more customized recipe, feel free to add your preferred fresh ingredients and vegetables for an incredibly delicious meal. Serve this delectable main dish recipe for events like cat parties, birthday parties, game nights, or buffets with your loved ones. But if you want to enjoy these authentic Japanese noodles instantly, you can visit the Sugoi Mart noodle collection.
It's Japan Crate Time!
Japan Crate has many flavors of Japanese ramen noodles you'll surely enjoy. Subscribe to a crate of authentic Japanese noodles every month at your home! Japan Umai Crate will bring spice to your life with the tastiest Japanese ramen noodles. Just click this link to sign up right now. Japan Crate will bring you the savory taste of Japanese noodles in no time!
- ← Older Post
- Newer Post →